Barge logo
EDME
of Harwich
S.B. EDME
S.B. EDME
S.B. Edme, 2004 Thames Barge Match
(Photos - D.Renouf)

Official No. 105425 50 ton, built of wood at Harwich in 1898 by Cann and owned by F.W. Horlock. Derigged for use as a lighter 1949 by Brown & Co.
Lengthy restoration at Maldon before being bought by the Harman-Harrison Consortium, and now the EDME consortium. Rerigged as bowsprit barge 1992 based at St. Osyth. Has no engine.

 

The EDME is available for day charters from Brightlingsea throughout the season. For more details see www.edmebarge.com


Home Archives Bibliography Barge Charter Barge Crew FAQs Barges for sale Glossary
Related links
Barge Matches Model Barges Museums Noticeboard Barge Research Active Barges Where to see barges
Pages © David Renouf, email: bargemaster@thamesbarge.org.uk